Home » CRA Reflection

CRA Reflection

In this essay, Critical Research Analysis, I have developed as a reader and a writer. However, I still make grammatical errors as I write, which is why proofreading and peer review are important. In my previous essays, I had a hard time synthesizing my evidence, but in this essay, Critical Research Analysis, I had a problem with the word limit. This is because racism is an endless topic that I can write about for so long. Therefore, I needed to know what information was necessary and what needed to be taken out. As a result, I made two appointments with the writing center, which was very helpful because, in the first appointment, they helped me point out information that was repeated. In my second appointment, I had a problem with picking outside sources that would support my thesis, so I needed further help. There were many sources available about racism, but I had to make sure I chose specific ones with the same claim as mine; the mental consequences of racism can ruin someone’s life. In addition, I didn’t know how MLA citation works even though we read articles about them, but I needed a visual example, which is also one of the benefits I received from the writing center. Moreover, knowing who my audience was helped me write in a flexible way because my audience is everyone, not a specific group. This is because I want to raise awareness about the mental consequences of racism as I explain it through a Freudian lens.